To excel as an archives service in view of all Kenyans, and to serve as the Memory of the Nation.
To preserve valuable public records as part of the information resources of the Republic of Kenya, and to make them accessible to present and future generations.To fulfil this mission, the Kenya National Archives and Documentation Service continues to: –
- Advise public offices on proper records management.
- Select valuable records for permanent preservation as archives.
- Store and preserve archives in the repositories.
- Publicize availability of information resources in our custody through computerization of indexes, digitization, World Wide Web; and through use of other communications and information technologies.
- Promote access to public records and archives for reference and research purposes, or just for leisure and enjoyment.